As we head into warmer months, wedding season is now in full swing! We’re excited to showcase a few venues and weddings as a resource for recently engaged couples planning Indiana weddings. Here are a few of our favorite wedding venues in Indiana to get you started. The venues range in style and size, from upscale downtown venues to rustic farms and estates. Find what speaks to you.
First, we recommend defining your wedding aesthetic, style, and approximate guest count to narrow down 2-3 venues that might work. Finding a venue that complements your wedding aesthetic will mean less work for you (or your wedding planner). Instead of trying to completely transform a space into your vision, you’ll have built-in décor and coordinating ambiance to do some of that for you. The right venue will lend itself to a seamless wedding design.
When researching wedding venues in Indiana, consider:
- Guest count
- Date & time availability
- Setup & take downtime
- Location, transportation, & commute time (especially if you have different ceremony & reception sites)
- Wedding day timeline
- Available event spaces at the venue
- All-inclusive vs. blank-canvas venue (do you prefer a venue that does it all, or do you want to handpick all of your vendors and rentals?)
- Ceremony seating arrangements
- Outdoor or indoor ceremony/reception
- Backup plans for bad weather
- Overall wedding experience
Top 7 Elegant Wedding Venues in Indiana
Indiana Roof Ballroom | Downtown Indianapolis, IN
This ultra-luxe, grand ballroom in downtown Indianapolis holds a leading spot on this Indiana venue list. The Indiana Roof Ballroom has hosted some of the most prestigious events, speakers, and dignitaries. They have 50 of experience in hosting weddings and events and can host between 100-1,500 guests.
Indiana Roof Ballroom wedding packages include:
- Event planning team (theme development, design, planning, & coordination)
- Production team for lighting & audio/visual
- Catering, food styling, & curated menu
- Vendor coordination
- Satellite bar(s)
- Formal dinner service
- Entertainment recommendations
Crane Bay Event Center | Downtown Indianapolis, IN
This spectacular downtown venue features a rooftop terrace and sweeping views of the Indianapolis skyline. You have lots of freedom with your wedding design with this blank-slate venue, which hosts almost any guest count (up to 1,500 standing, 640 seated!). The patio at Crane Bay Event Center hosts up to 200 guests, and the cozy lounge areas, fireplaces, and skyline views make the patio an ideal place for cocktail hour.
Unadorned, the space features a modern, clean, and minimalist design. You can use florals, greenery, and linens to soften the look or enhance the minimalist design. Historically, this building served as a factory since the 1800s, and the cranes used to move equipment (hence the name) are still used to display wedding installations, décor, and food.
Crane Bay Event Center offers the best of both worlds. Although more of a blank-canvas space as far as décor, they’re also a full-service wedding venue.
Crane Bay Event Center wedding packages include:
- Event coordinator
- Linens & rentals
- Furniture & seating areas
- Chef-inspired menu & culinary options (Crystal Catering)
- Bar & beverages
- Glassware, china, and flatware
- Candles & votives
- Audio/visual access & lighting
The Barn in Zionsville | Zionsville, IN
On the opposite end of the spectrum—but no less elegant!—The Barn in Zionsville provides country bliss for your wedding day. Imagine a wood-paneled barn draped in green ivy, five hanging chandeliers, vintage lighting, bourbon barrel tables, chic white chairs, and sheer drapery over the rafters. Each end of the restored family barn opens to allow a gentle breeze to pass through. This award-winning rural Indiana venue is truly something from a dream.
The Barn in Zionsville wedding packages include:
- 3 event space options (plus bad weather option)
- Mobile luxury restrooms (you would never guess they’re portable!)
- 150 gold reception chairs and/or 150 padded white reception chairs
- Patio fire pit
- 1-hour rehearsal reservation
- Wood pallet bar, tables, & large oak barrels
- Ivory drapes, chandeliers, rope lights
- Wood slice centerpieces
- Rustic chic décor
- Parking & cleanup assistance
The Industry | Downtown Indianapolis, IN
As the name suggests, this premier Indianapolis wedding venue boasts chic industrial vibes, polished just enough for a stunning industrial-styled wedding. The unique early-1900s architecture makes this venue stand out. The former machine shop produced ball bearings and specialized in metal fabrication. Since then, the brick has been gently restored, and it offers exceptional natural light.
You’ll love this downtown Indianapolis venue because they allow 24-hour venue rentals to give extra time for setup and take-down. This venue hosts 300 seated guests and additional standing guests (inquire with the venue for more details).
The Industry wedding packages include:
- 24-hour venue reservation
- Bring your own vendors or reserve through the venue
- In-house beverages/cocktails
- Tables & chairs
- Client Suite for getting ready
- Client Concierge services
- Pet friendly!
- Customized packages—month-of coordination, partial planning & design, full-service planning & design, or a la carte services
- Recommended vendor list
Skyline Club | Downtown Indianapolis, IN
This premier upscale club in downtown Indianapolis is ultra-trendy, modern, and fun. Located 36 stories above downtown Indy in the OneAmerica Tower, you’ll have pristine views for miles via walls of windows. This luxury venue is ideal for small to medium-sized weddings and can host up to 180 seated guests.
Skyline Club wedding packages include:
- Tables, chairs, & linens
- Customized menu crafted by the award-winning culinary team
- Craft cocktails, beer, and wine
- Wedding planning
- Planning with the Private Events Director, Food & Beverage Director, & Executive Chef
- Customized wedding packages (inquire with venue for more details)
Downtown Indianapolis Elopement
We recently photographed a unique COVID wedding unlike any we’ve ever seen. Instead of staying at one venue, we strolled around downtown. As the wedding crew mingled, ate, and explored, we captured lots of fantastic shots of their downtown micro wedding/elopement. Inquire with us for more details.
Newfields | Downtown Indianapolis, IN
If you want to infuse a bit of art and culture into your wedding day, Newfields provides just that. Beautifully landscaped grounds and flowering gardens surround the historic Indianapolis Museum of Art (IMA). This unique venue is tucked inside a large bend of the White River, sprawling across 152 lush acres of downtown. In addition to hundreds of art pieces displayed inside the art galleries, the expansive Newfields campus showcases seasonal blooms and horticulture exhibits at The Garden, Lilly House, Beer Garden, Miller House & Garden, and The Museum Garden.
For weddings and events, Newfields recommends:
- The Randolph H. Deer Special Events Pavilion with two-story window panels of the fountain and gardens. The pavilion hosts 375 guests for a seated dinner, 300 with a dance floor, and 600 for a cocktail reception.
- The Formal Garden serves as the venue’s outdoor ceremony and event space. The trellis ceremony arch and tall hedge or greenery around the Apple Orchard provide a beautiful backdrop and extra privacy for your ceremony.
*Inquire with the venue for customized wedding packages.
Avon Wedding & Event Barn | Avon, IN
This polished, very chic wedding barn offers pastoral elegance for your wedding day. Like a scene from a painting, large oaks, green pastures, and winding streams fill the canvas of your wedding backdrop. This venue works well with lots of greenery and loose floral arrangements and bouquets for soft, whimsical elegance. The sparkling chandeliers and sheer drapery look stunning against the dark polished wood and natural ambiance.
Avon Wedding & Event Barn wedding packages include:
- Venue coordination & planning + day-of coordination
- One-hour rehearsal reservation
- Setup/take-down of venue supplies & furniture
- Tables & linens
- Bride & Groom suites
- Indoor restrooms
- 5 event spaces/sites
- Golf cart shuttle
- Wine barrel tables & some in-house decor
- Special lighting options
- Climate controlled facilities
- Elevated stage
Get in touch with a Nathan Phillips Photo team member here for more guidance on wedding venues in Indiana. As local Indiana wedding photographers, we’re here to help answer your questions!